Sunday, October 9, 2011

Utah half Ironman August 2011

Flat, fast and LOCAL race! Perfect to shoot for my sub 5 half ironman. had been doing crossfit for about 7 weeks prior to this race. I've Heard reat things about how it can really cut training time down so didn't do near as much "training" that I would typically do for a Half Iron... Had to see how it would work for race day...
the swim i felt AMAZING!! and i'm not much of a swimmer! got outta the water at 33 minutes. (for me, is GOOD!!)

Slapped on my gear in T1.   ready for a ride full of sunshine! Laughing and getting to know those racers around me. i had a Blast! Not pushing speed too much holding about 21 miles per hour. Finished the bike at exactly 2:30! Stocked! . Time to RUN!!!!
My goal was a 1:45 half marathon.. Had a bunch of my friends out cheering my on. Thats always motivating to tr to look like your not struggling :)
kept my slow steady pace pretty good. I finished at 4 hours and 57 minutes. I got it! my sub 5!!

1st in my age and 9th overall. Super happy with that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment