Friday, October 7, 2011

Timp Trail Marathon

So 2 weeks after Ironman St George I hear about  a trail marathon..ooo exciting! So I decide to go out and give it a shot... Just planning on a nice easy long run.   Wore my Skins thermals. LOVE them!! My hydration belt and salt sticks and im ready to go!! Started pretty chilly but knew that would change. Climbing the first few hills were intense...yes climbing NOT running :)
Got up to some beautiful waterfalls and jumping over (or into) freezing rivers, sliding through icy mud....SO FUN!
At the summit was snow. Trying to follow those that were ahead of my I found myself tripping and just all over the place.  So, i decided to make my own footprints...MUCH easier in that crunchy snow.
The descent was fun and messy. Ineeded to strip my top thermal off. Oh the glorious sun was out!. Found myself in first place overall the women. I was actually kinda surprised but hey I'll take a first place :)
Final time 5 hours and  minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment