Tuesday, November 1, 2011

St George Marathon Oct.1 2011

My Favorite Marathon!! St George marathon holds a special place in my heart. I will always try to race this one! This was at least number 9 for St George so I thought it is about time i shoot for a sub 3! That is holding a 6:52 minute mile to achieve that goal.
With alot of speed work training and getting all my miles in i feel ready to rock this race. injury free before a marathon race for the first time! wow! I made it!! almost... 2 weeks before I dropped a drawer on my foot! a freakin DRAWER! No worries just swollen and sore...
RACE DAY...  woke up to my phone ringing with my ride out side. AHH!! Had my alarm set for PM not AM. AHH!! bad start.
Arrive at the start line at 615 am. 30 minutes til the gun shot. Perfect weather as we waited for the start. didn't need to be by the fires which was good cuz i had to be in the line for the port-a-potty.  Due to the late wake up I hadnt even peeped at this point (T.M.I. I know..) and if your a running, You know how important that morning bathroom time is.... enough said :)
got outta the potty 6:43 run to the elite starting corral... gunshot! It's on!!
Felt amazing. My friend kept telling me to slow down. "no need for a 6:20-30 mile right now" he kept saying. but i felt SO good!! but he knows more about this stuff so i listened... 
mile 13. time 1:29.. Potty- shoot. got out at 1:31 still right on my time cuz in St George you should always negative split or you did something wrong! so I've got this right? hmm...
Crushed the next 7 miles averaged 6:33. Mile 20- potty yup agian.... 23 potty...seriously? seriously!  I knew i couldnt hit my goal...Crossed the finish line at 3:04 . Although it wasnt my goal. I still P.R.'d! i flet so good after the race!
Couldnt believe I the way my body recovered. typically the day after walking fast HURTS but I do it just to losen up. i started my walk and felt amazing..so I broke the rules and jogged  at a easy 10 minute mile for 5 miles. I've never been able to do that the day after. I didnt get my sub 3.. but my bady is so ready for it ! Cant wait for my next chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment