Friday, October 7, 2011

St George Ironman 2011

Its been awhile! Too long! Its time to start buckling up and getting serious! Next year is going to be MY YEAR! I can feel it! ...or I can HOPE it, right? :)
Quick summer re-cap...
St George Ironman! Talk about HOT!! wow! 95 degrees by the time I started my run! Holy hannah! I didnt get my goal of low 12 hour race but that's ok I learned! and learned ALOT! 2010 was super cold and 2011 was super hot...next years BOUND to be perfect!

Swim was GREAT!! well, felt great! finished in 1 hour and 20 min. GOAL 1 :15 :(
 The bike felt amazing! The heat starting to kick in. So many great athlete suffered with heat exhaustion. When i got off my bike Matt was there to greet me with a big hug and great words of encouragement! All I needed was a sub 4 hour marathon to get my goal of sub 12! Easy right? ...ummm, no!!
The RUN! or should i say....WALK ? Im not sure what happend. I got out of t-2 feeling AMAZING! I didnt feel like I had just finished 112 mile on the bike. I flelt like a million bucks! I'm not sure if it was the heat or my emotions or what...but I couldnt breath! I guess breathing is important or something :) I walked most of the way ....BUMMER!

My sweet family was there at the finish line to cheer a struggling athlete on! the emotions where nuts!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment